Probably everybody has already heard about the enormous benefits of vitamins, particularly of vitamin E. So how can vitamin E deficiency influence our health?
What is actually vitamin E and what is its crucial influence?
Vitamin E (also known as tocopherol) plays role in the activities of the entire human nervous system, is applicable for skin and eye diseases, hypertension, arteriosclerotic heart disease, has vessel-dilating effect.
In addition, as an antioxidant, tocopherol has unique properties, helps in activation of spermatogenesis, ensuring of maturation of sex cells, improving the mammary glands work, the favorable prenatal development.
The effect of vitamin E on human organism is determined by the following properties:
- improves the protective functions of the body;
- improves the state of skin;
- inhibits the process of premature aging of an organism;
- regenerates the liver cells;
- does not allow to form free radicals;
- helps with normal child development and growth;
increases muscle endurance and strength
- improves the functioning of the nervous system;
- prevent the development of heart diseases;
- improves brain and physical activity;
- reduces the symptoms and signs of premenstrual syndrome;
- prevents the formation of cataracts;
- strengthens blood vessels;
- reduces the signs of seizures;
- plays an important role in impregnation, pregnancy;
- helps to heal damaged skin.
Daily Requirement of Vitamin E
Speaking of the necessary daily dose of vitamin E, the opinions of experts differ. Some experts say that the daily requirement is ten-twenty units (IU), others – thirty (IU).
If it is a child, in order to avoid vitamin E deficiency, the ranges recommended by experts are as following:
Three – five mg – children up to one year;
• Five – seven mg – from one year to six years;
• ten – fifteen mg – from seven to seventeen.
Consequences of Vitamin E deficiency, what does it lead to?
If the organism does not receive a sufficient dose of vitamin E, it may result in the evolution of diseases such as thyroid dysfunction or hypophysis, cause muscular dystrophy, central nervous system diseases. Tocopherol deficiency may have a negative impact on many important systems, e.g. to weaken the men reproductive function; enhance the disintegration of red blood cells (RBCs), that may cause miscarriage. And this is not the whole list of different problems.
If the organism lacks this vitamin:
- attention is disturbed;
- symptoms of chronic fatigue;
- problems in the reproductive system;
- increase heart dysfunction;
- blood transmits oxygen worse;
- metabolism is disturbed.
What products contain this vitamin?
In order to avoid vitamin E deficiency, it is necessary to supplement it regularly. Of the variety of sources of vitamin E quite a few products can provide it , but first of all – vegetable oils (and almost all species: olive, peanut, sunflower, etc.). In fruits, vegetables – lemons, raspberries and potatoes, radishes, etc..
This vitamin can also be obtained from plants for medicinal purposes: rose hips, series, mint, mountain ash, and so on.