Select Page
childhood cancer

Childhood cancer

Children and adolescents are more likely to develop cancer than adults. Moreover, in a case of childhood cancer, cells usually spread more quickly because their cell regeneration process is much faster. In France alone, each year cancer strikes more than 1,700 children and 800 adolescents. It makes it the leading cause of pediatric death.

Margo’s dream – the hope for other children

“Go on, fight until the end!” wrote little Margo in her diary found by the parents after her death. The girl’s life was cut by a malignant brain tumor after two years of fighting hard with the disease. She dreamed of the world where children would always have hope that they will get rid of the disease and return to normal life. In her honor, an association called “Imagine for Margo” was established. It works on a unique project AcSé-ESMART together with the Institute of Cancer (Inca) in order to make that dream come true.

This project aims to explore all the possibilities of cancer treatment. With the help of various molecular and clinical trials, the molecular analysis is performed on cancer in order to find the most effective targeted treatment for the exact type of cancer. Many French laboratories collaborate to develop such studies and make available new promising cancer treatment.

Innovative treatment of childhood cancer in France

Despite the fact that in France the childhood cancer survival rate is more than 80%, now none of the remaining 20% will be sent to die. They will not leave without treatment and hope, even if there is no more proven, classic methods left to try.

Such treatment already can be performed in several French hospitals including Gustave Roussy clinic, Pierre and Marie Curie University and medical institutions of Lyon, Marseille and Nantes.  Jean Bernard oncology center of Le Mans is one of the leading medical institutions. It offers a wide variety of experimental treatments available for foreign patients.

Treatment in France Medifrance Solution

Reference list

  1. Cancer in children guide
  2. Children’s cancers
  3. Children with cancer UK
Share This